Originally Posted by Anonymous

Can someone rank the major LI travel teams, other than WP and Taz?

Please no! It is silly and meaningless and starts ridiculous comments. It’s club, there are no rankings only opinions.

Everything is an opinion. How about groups? Maybe A and B. I'm new to this and trying to get a feel for the landscape and how many teams are actually out there. From what I read, sounds like Express and Igloo would be A teams. There must be others. I'm sure there are also clear cut B's. Just looking for some opinions.

Without a doubt, you will get a lot of 2 -3 teams are A and the rest are B BS . . .

Igloo and express are “a” teams, they can compete with A teams but lose
I don’t know any other clubs on Long Island you can consider “A”.
The rest of the teams all compete at a similar level.
Hope that helps.

There has to be a next tier. While I'm not familiar with a lot of the teams, I know there are some really challenged teams out there. Hit man for example. No disrespect Hitman parents, but you got a long way to go. I would think there is a level between that and Express/Igloo.

Exactly! And any one tier is not going to be just 5 teams, which means in a three-tier system, the top 15 - 20 teams or so are probably A, and then a lot more in B and C. Just because the top 2 - 3 (or 5) A teams are way better than the next 10 - 15, doesn't mean that those 10 - 15 don't belong in A, especially if they regularly beat up on the teams that are ~20+, which would comprise B and C. It has long been my contention that a 3-tier system such as this - A, B, and C, is the way to go. These elite teams can continue to call themselves AA, because that is what they are: the best of the best, A. Having the next 10 - 15 teams as A does not diminish their status - in fact, it enhances it! But, these clubs are too caught up in their perpetuation of a system that makes no sense for the sport, so they can't see the forest through the trees. I would further argue that such a system would actually allow all clubs to make more money as they would be offering up a more transparent product for parents/players to consider.