Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hold backs are any boys born before 8/31 2005 ... goes from 8/20005-8/2006

What are you talking about?????? Hold backs are referring to school... Holding a child back a grade.... In NY the date is either 12/1 or 12/15 depending on the district. If you are born any time before that you are considered a holdback. No one other than you are making your child off grade..

Other parts of the country have different dates..
You have to talk sports . There are mixed years in most sports Hold backs are not an excuse . I know more kids that play up and are more atheletic than these so called hold backs . It all evens out by 7th , 8th grade.. Can't teach , speed and athleticism. If your kid is an Athlete he will always be one. You will see. So with the hold back theory . Someone who is born 11/30 and his parents held him back in kindergarten or what ever grade . Is much better then a kid who is born 12/2 . Or 1/2 . So the days or month makes that child a much better lacrosse player? Or athele? Days and months do not matter much, 1 year or more does ... only in the younger years. Just an opinion .

A very naive uninformed point of view on this topic. You need to do ALOT more research on this and your opinion will change. Mine did. You really don’t know what is going on out there with this issue. It is being abused, big time, in youth sports. Many Travel teams will do anything to get better players. Will they cheat to win, even within the innocence of youth sports? You better believe it! I have seen it first hand. It is widespread, but even more so in the southern states where it is accepted practice.