Originally Posted by Anonymous
On a different topic, my neighbor told me that his sons team S2S 2024 looks terrific. He said they are definitely going to be an A team. That would be nice to have a new club with a great team to compete.

Will the be at blatant in the A division? If not they are afraid and wont be an A team.

Assume B

So if you are not in the A division in a fall tournament you won't be an A team? What about those A teams that lose all the time are they still considered an A team? Ridiculous to think that a team is "afraid". Every team even the top 2 are going to take their losses, but hopefully learn and grow from them. That's what is supposed to happen with a team at this age or any age for that matter. It's only 11 year old lacrosse. Now maybe if they played in the dark during a thunderstorm some kids may be "afraid" but losing a lacrosse game? I don't think so.

Just don't think the boys need to play WP and Taz in their first tourney. I'm sure they will play plenty of A in the Spring/Summer but Fall is about figuring out what you have. Getting Steamrolled by the top dog sin the fall won't help development.

Most people on here think Taz and WP are the only A teams. There will be A teams in both divisions.

They are the only true A-Teams on Long Island in this division. Yes there are other A teams in Maryland but not on LI. How can I say this? Except for when the WP and Taz play each other the games are usually beat downs. WP and Taz are great punch for punch games against each other. When they play these other so-called A teams they blow them out. Nothing wrong with being a B team and being competitive,but in no way have they competed against these two teams...yet. It's like anything else in life "beat them and then talk" . Don't claim to be an A team and never beat an A team