Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

I’m confused, who are the A teams on LI?

Depends on who you ask - if you ask the AA teams, then they'r it - everyone else is "B"! If you asked realistic, unbiased people, those who actually get what it means to run, coach and assess youth sports, you're probably going to get a list of about 8 - 9 teams. And that's the same general problem with every on LI. The lax mafia thinks they have some super select private club . . . [/quote]

It’s ridiculous to say there are 2 A teams and everyone else is B. It’s like saying if your not top 25 in NCAA then your not Div. 1. Who thinks like that? There are more like 20 A teams. If you want to be this super elite team and everyone else is a B team in your eyes, go play 2023 teams.
[/quote]

Yup, but that's the exact assessment for EVERY age of lax on LI - the AA teams (which nobody disputes are deserving of being called elite) say that they, and then maybe, IF they're feeling gracious, they'll throw in the next 2 - 3 non-AA teams, as comprising all that is A - everyone else is B. The lax mafia does not think that LI (of all places!) has any more than 5 A teams at AT ANY AGE GROUP! You can see this on every age board on BOTC - it's absolutely the dumbest approach to youth sports I've ever seen.[/quote]

Just because your kid plays on one of the 25 club teams on LI doesn't make them an "A" team. Most of the B or C teams do at least one away tourney. Ask yourself, how did your LI "A" team fare against out of area or state competition? I would bet they won some games and lost plenty too. They definitely didn't roll. which proves either everyone is an A team on LI and everywhere else or Johnny is on a B team.

[/quote]

Dude. It's very clear that you are desperately trying to justify your sons existence in the sport of lacrosse, and you think that if somehow you can classify all Long Island teams as A teams, which of course only exists in your mind, then he is on an A team and all is right with the world. Fine. I'm totally good with that. Everyone is an A team. New topic already!