I know last year our numbers were down for PAL. Many towns have their own special inner workings that favor some, and on the other hand push some away. If I would've of known then what I know now, I would of just allowed my son to play travel last year. Only due to the fact, for us, PAL practices did conflict with travel practices. Furthermore it's a no brainier, for me to determine which team took president over the other. Was it fair for the other kids on the PAL team who showed up to every practice, who didn't play travel, to play less than my kid who missed several practices? No. So this year even though our town has a 7th grade PAL team, he will only focus on travel and MS lacrosse. I don't know how insane our MS lacrosse is, but know some towns are over the top. It's important to realize, it's not our kids that are over the top (insane) it's us Parents who are. Likewise, if your son is thinking about switching teams, do your due diligence; speak to the director, don't be hooked only by a coaches resume, find out there are and daddy coaches on the coaching staff, it could be a game changer. Lastly, be careful especially going forward into MS and HS. It's not one size fits all. We've worked too long and hard to throw money at any travel club lacrosse which we are not satisfied with. Don't become a prostitute in order for your kid to play a game. But hey, to each is own.