Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone wondering how it is possible the Boys 2023 thread was not updated for almost 2 days especially ahead of a tournament weekend?

Interested to see what happens with S2S this weekend. With their faceoff guy they tied Igloo twice. Without their faceoff guy they were blown out twice. They beat the Express HBs the past 2 years in the fall but lost 3 times in the spring. Last year was tough to gauge because they played all except one of their tournaments without their faceoff guy. I am trying to figure out if they belong in the top teams conversation - are they an AA team? They play in the Channyfest on Saturday against the HBs. Although I heard the coaches embarrassed themselves last weekend at Blatant (again).

S2S lost to Igloo by one goal in the pool game last week, with their primary face off player, they lost 9-1 in the Championship game without their primary face off player, and four other players that left for other activities. The week prior the two teams tied after playing a scrimmage game in Oyster Bay. As far as any coaches Embarrassing themselves, any coach on both teams had every right to lose their SH$%#!, the referees were beyond horrible. Hard to believe these two idiots were the referees for the final game of the tournament. Ridiculous call, and no-calls were committed to both teams!

I am constantly amazed about the amount of times, people such as this poster "are trying to figure out if one team belongs in a discussion, or is a AA or a A, or a B team. Please people, get a life. Spend your time on something that actually matters, raise money for a charity, volunteer your time for a good cause, but please get a grip, none of this is really very important. Of all threads on this website, this one is the most active, and dysfunctional, and frankly an Embarrassment!!! I am embarrassed that I have a son that plays in this age bracket, and glad at the same time, that this will all soon be behind us, when he moves onto high school and college.

The current state of Youth Lacrosse is a sad one, not because of the kids, because of the dysfunctional parents that are trying to live vicariously through the children. Stop blaming the People that run the Express, Outlaws, 91, S2S, Igloo, True Blue, or any of the others, they are business people. As long as parents are willing to spend thousands of dollars chasing a dream with a low percentage of success you can't blame them for cashing the checks. All I know is players like the Thompsons, the Powells, the Gaits, all came up playing youth lacrosse in a less formal town setting, and they all did just fine.

End of Rant...