Originally Posted by Anonymous
Disagree on that one. You get a lot for your money with Warrior Games and it was a great experience. Top players play for the top teams. Who do you think they’re gonna take for an all-star type team to represent LI?

The 2023 Warrior Try-Outs last year were a JOKE!!! After they ran the boys through drills to supposedly get an idea of their skill levels, "so they could divide them into two equivalent teams", two teams were assembled: One made up of 91 Bandits and Express Haugen and the other everyone else. The team of gypsies dominated play over the 91/Express team, but the roster when it came out was comprised of 90% 91/Express players? They were the only team to lose at the Warrior Games by the way.

$185 fee to find out that the team was basically decided before they even walked on the field. Fool me once shame on them, fool me twice shame on me! If your son is not on one of those two teams, save your money and get your son some individualized training or pay for a tutor for their weakest subject, it will be much better spent. Anything that J.S. has a hand in, will never be objective. There were many better players at the try-outs that day that were not offered a roster spot, hopefully they will all stay home this year.

The best was when the director said kids that couldn't be at the tryouts sent highlight videos. Really!!!

Your right, that was the best! "We are reviewing a load of film submitted by sixth graders" How many Sixth Graders have film to submit? How did he say that with a straight face?

Couple of things. No, no one sent once video and made the team. They said that, but everyone’s on the team was at tryouts.Yes, there were too many Bandits on that team. The little righty attack, the little lefty attack, the twin that doesn’t face-off and one of the defenders. With that being said, there was no one there that was substantially better that would have made a difference on the team. All of them were in 2nd group that didn’t come in until the second quarter. And they were not happy about it. But, the overall experience was very positive. My son plays mid and he was on and off the field as much as anyone else. Warrior did an amazing job of creating bonds between kids from different teams and even different states. Many people rip it saying it was a joke, it wasn’t. They say the tryouts were fixed, they weren’t. With very few exceptions, the best kids at that tryout made the team. Quick question about Brine for anyone that was there; was it a straight 2023 team or was it a 2023/2024 or 2023/2022? I’m considering it for my guy this year since Warrior was so good.

Ha ha. You've got to be kidding me. Your statement above basically means that there are no good players on any other teams on LI. The goalie from legacy was the best out there that day and he didn't make it. He was one of 3 players that was on the hand picked team at tryouts that did not play for express or 90 + 1.