Originally Posted by Anonymous
What A teams will Wolfpack be beating up on? And we will have to hear you crying when your little boys are getting knocked around.No A teams are playing.

They tied Eclipse. That’s not a good team. C level at best.

Yes, yes. And if they would have played 2024 and crushed everyone you would have said they didn’t challenge themselves and should have played up. Go away sideline troll.

I would concede that the Eclipse team wasn't the most talented team, but they are by no means a C team. Their offensive game plan was to use their 170 lb midi's to run over the wolfpack 70 lb midi's, which the ref's allowed. That fact made it a bit challenging at times for the 11 year old's, which were far more skilled. If not for an inadvertent whistle, that was another victory for the 6th graders.

170 lb middie 7th graders??! What kind of hold backs are we looking at there?!

I'm not a WP parent but that is the boldest 2024 team in the tri-state. Reality check, they are a 6th grade team playing 7th graders.

I'm not sure I understand your statement. I think the general consensus is that they are a 6th grade team that should be playing against 6th graders. Just because the coaches chose to play in fall tournaments with historically weak 2024 competition, does not make it right. As a 7th grade team, there is no reason to play them. It's a no win situation. If they beat them, then it is expected because they're older; however, if they lose or even play a tight game, the 7th grade players (not parents, the kids themselves) feel incompetent. No one wants that. There are plenty of tournaments that they could choose. The coaches do it as an ego boost for themselves and then we have to hear excuses from all of the parents about how the kids were so big, their kids were being run over, etc...

There are divisions for a reason.