Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
When organizations have a difficult time retaining 'quality" players, take a look at ownership and coaching. Rightly so, if parents are willing to shell out hard earned money, and time in order for their child to play on a club team, owners/coaches in direct line with the parents must have the skill set dealing with the consumer (parents.)

Well thought out and articulated post to describe the demise of the club listed above. If it weren't better elsewhere the kids would be coming back. The CEO and management need to step down to stop the bleeding.

If the ownership has no integrity, this just flows down the organizational chart. Any self-respecting coach will eventually leave a program if they have no confidence in the people that they work for. My son plays for an out of state program, so no loyalty to any of the clubs being discussed. While others may disagree, I believe that my son plays for the best 2023 in our area, and despite being asked to join other teams, I stick with our club because I believe that the directors and coaches are honest and decent people. I feel that they are looking out for the best interest of my son, there is a lot to be said for that. I am not naive enough to think that they not also out to make a buck, but I have no issue paying the fees because of my perception of the program. No director or coach from our program walks around with a holier than thou attitude, and they have a remarkable bond with the players. I believe that a lot of this has to do with not only assessing a players talent during tryouts, but attitude as well. While player's jumping ship for greener pastures is inevitable, we see very little changeover year-to-year. While that may be attributable to the overall success of the club's teams, that speaks volumes for the program.