Originally Posted by Anonymous

[
Interesting, #2 was knocked off by an unranked team on Saturday at their own tournament, as usual pre-season rankings don't mean poop! Same can be said for the WSYL, major money grab, that means nothing a year after families spend thousands of dollars to fly out to Denver to pound their chests!

S2S parent seems a bit upset the team doesn't qualify due to age restrictions.

Great talent here on LI. No need to fly 5 hours and spend $4,000 for a family for a weekend.

We're paying the money to get away from you! Actually it's a bargain.

That's pretty funny......

My understanding is the Denver trip is a great event. It is really well organized and is a great experience. My son's team won't qualify but he really wants to go and I think it would be really fun.

This event is not going anywhere. In fact, it's going to grow. The people behind this know how to get things done. Plus they have corporate sponsors and TV. Is it a lot money, yes. But not a money grab. why? The feedback from people I know that went said it's incredible. I suspect that clubs will soon have separate tryouts for a WSYL U13 team, forget doing that is another revenue stream opportunity. Winning this or being on TV is very good for the club's respective brand. Plus that U based team can go play in the new NXT event as well.