Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]http://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...uth-lacrosse-il-13u-world-rankings/50682

[
Interesting, #2 was knocked off by an unranked team on Saturday at their own tournament, as usual pre-season rankings don't mean SH*%! Same can be said for the WSYL, major money grab, that means nothing a year after families spend thousands of dollars to fly out to Denver to pound their chests!

The unranked team is a NATIONAL TEAM comprised of players that don't live 100 miles from home operations of the club. WSYL expressly forbid it. Like saying that the American League All Stars is a better team than the New [lacrosse] Mets.

We went to the WSYL last year. Phenomenal event. Kids had a blast turned it into family vacation. Colorado is beautiful in the summer, awesome swag etc. We have been to a ton of tournaments on the circuit and there is nothing that comes even close.

My experience is that the Naysers fall into the following categories:

1. From Maryland and since all the clubs are re-classed they don't qualify.
2. Have an agenda vested into a local tourney that competes with the WSYL such as Young Guns in Maryland same, weekend.
3. Are just a negative person and the world just sucks .

Shore 2 Shore is a national team? Since when?

The only reason S2S is not on the list is because, up until this year, the club was comprised of one team. They will be at the qualifier, will be noticed and be on peoples radar for the future. No point is debating national, local, irrelevant, best, etc. The regional qualifiers will come soon enough and the four or six best teams on that weekend will be eligible to go to Denver.

By the way, it is an extremely expensive trip. I think Express is quoting an extra $8,500 if the player goes. I have heard from others it is at least $6,000 but, if you can afford it or think it is worth it, it is one of the greatest experiences for the player and the family. Even if you don't make the finals.

Let's get real. That's ridiculous. I don't care how much swag or whatever experience they get. If it's really that much come back to reality. I'm sure parents run the spectrum from broke to rich but this is insane. Call me cheap or a [lacrosse] or Debbie downer all you want.

It was asked before, but what do these prices include? Is it the quote for the year’s tuition PLUS the cost of Denver? Or just the cost of registration for Denver?