Originally Posted by Anonymous
Recon A
I know parents from this team and they are not happy with the amount of kids and the fact that a few kids should not be in the A team . I was thinking of having my son try out this weekend which is why I asked . I get it coaching comes with perks and if a kid is not that good they will be on the team because his daddy coaches . If I am paying money to travel I want to be on a team where everyone earns playing time it's not PAL . i am sure it's a well run organization but they need to cut back on the roster .

Great Organization, tuition is really reasonable, they are there for the players and families with very little turnover of players that are committed to them and the coaching is great on both teams.  Yes, coaching does have it perks if you have a kid. I don’t think it is a negative thing and playing time if definitely earned, but the only way to avoid that is to go to a team with unattached coaches or coaches that stay with set year. But typically coaches with kids on the team have more vested interest in making that team as a whole better, and keeping the kids together to grow, and not there just for a pay check.

Roster is a little big on both the A and B team (not sure about the other ages).  Hopefully they scale it down a little so the kids can have more playing time and it would resolve that. 

Definitely need a few more practices added through throughout fall and summer but they will compete well this year, even if these so called kids do go to TB that everyone keeps on posting about.

Tryout are probably one of the cheapest around. Come out and see for yourself what is all about.  Ask them question there, or if you get a call.  They are all standup guys and will tell you how it is.

How many do they have at each position? How many goalies do they carry?

Recons starting 10 can hang with anyone, besides the top 5, they need to develop some depth.