Originally Posted by Anonymous
Roster was a bit big last year. That will be corrected . As. Stated before the Recon B team was a mixed team. This years roster shouldn't be more than 23-24 at most ...
9-mid
6-att
6-def
1-fogo
1-2 goalies

And yes the coaches kids play on the team
B goalie is the coaches kid ... almost always played the second half . I think that was by design . Kid had a tough year . Team had small leads or was behind at half a lot . Other B team coach plays D I think as for the A team ... I'm not sure where they play

Thanks Cocah. So you are saying the other goalie sucks and is the reason they had small leads or were behind? The coaches kid is the savior? My kid isn't a goalie but you can't pin a win or loss on the goalie alone. I was there last night and the coaches kid got lots of playing time which makes no sense since he is sure to get a spot on the team. In between his dad barked orders at him to bring him water. From what I saw there were 2 non Recon goalies there who faced maybe 3 or 4 legit shots. Not sure how you base talent on that. We may have missed out on an opportunity to pick up good talent at that position (which bith teams can use) because the coaches kid got so much time in the net.

No sense racking your brains over it. If you say something, look for another team and kiss your deposit goodby. I find it to be a good practice, staying to your self, but when mingling say a lot of "nothing."

Sounds like you know this from experience. Fors ypur kid play on this team? This is what is wrong with so many organizations. I realize daddy coaches are part of the deal but if I owned one of these organizations I would want the best talent at every position I could get. That may mean a daddy coach has to be real and their kid may need to take a back seat. Harry Jacobs is a stand up guy and his organization does a lot of good. I wouldn't think egos and behavior like that wouldn't be tolerated. If an organization isn't willing to do what's best for the team beyond the daddy coaches kids then maybe it is time to take one of those other offers.

Politics everywhere. You answered your own question, hit the reset button and move on...