Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not a 91 parent, but why do they get knocked for playing in their age group. Sure they would be challenged by older kids, but if they don't care, then why does anybody else. My only real point of contention is doing things like splitting the team in half and playing in separate pools in a division, winning both pools and then leaving. How about entering one team and sticking around for the championship, regardless of the fact that they will probably win.

That 91 2023 crew is doing it totally right in my book. They are great players (on age!!) and even a better team. I've seen them pitted against bigger/older teams fixated on beating them up and I've seen them toy with random weak teams while being nice about it. They've been together for years and those boys know how to win. They get so much BS about not playing up or their competition or how they will peak as 4th graders or whatever. All smack talk. I wish my kids played on that team.

You are full of it... not a 91 parent. You are probably the coach. How would you know who is on age? You wish your kid sat the bench on that team? I wouldn't want my son playing with some of those dirty players and picking up those bad habits and attitudes. Dirty play runs in the family.

For what it's worth..the "not a 91 parent" is not a 91 parent...not sure about the "doing it totally right" poster....Frankly, I could care less about 91, the parents, players, coaches, etc...if any kid wants to play dirty, talk trash or have a crap attitude so be it, then the tone of the game is set and they should expect, and accept, an equal response from the opposing player. I have always taught my son to play like a gentleman, but I have also told him that if a kid takes a dirty shot, then that kid has now made a choice about how they want to play and that they should not be surprised when it comes back at them.

Winners concentrate on winning and losers concentrate on winners. Think about it!

The 91 guy sounds like a hammerhead.

You just proved my point!