Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sounds like parents chasing a pipe dream, initiated by a coach who can careless about them. Consider doing what's best for your own family, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. I see it happening often, coaches blowing smoke up parents jerks, parents become disgruntled and move from team to team. Hey, there is nothing wrong with the Express program, if parents are willing to pay to have their kids belong to a over maned team, so be it, no one put a gun your head. Remember, without our kids there is NO such thing as travel teams...

My son moved to a couple of clubs over the years and finally found one where the coaching is great and the talent is very good. I never thought he'd be able to finally get on a club team that was very good at such a late date, but I'd advise all parents to keep searching for what your son needs and you'll eventually find the right fit. The only thing I didn't like about the experience was the $100 tryout fee per club. Good luck on the move away from Express. There are better alternatives!