Originally Posted by Anonymous
Regarding F$G, why would somebody pay all that money to be on an B/C team, I know they are not seen much at tourneys but they have to be competitive and have good teams for people to pay that kind of money.

How many players do they carry on the team?

They are not like many other clubs that take 26-30+ kids.

Don't think they can attract that many. Supplemental tryouts are in a couple of weeks

Why would you say that, I know for a fact they get good turnouts at there tryouts, I'm not sure however of the talent of the kids.

FL$ gets about 40 to 50 kids at tryouts. Sometimes a few more. In the old days they would limit tryout numbers it to 69 kids and it would be filled in one week. So the best players would go to them. It has changed now. This is now a last resort team for most. Not all but most. Until a few years ago they did not have any teams younger than 7th or 6th grade. They are relatively new to youth lacrosse. They need to make changes in the way the do things to get back to the glory days. They need to make changes at the youth level to attract talented kids , develop and keep kids from leaving. It is a shame because they have so many college connections but they now lack the talent to do anything for the kids.