Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is that normal with that many kids jumping ship??

Coaches should take multiple kids leaving as a sign and try and figure out why. They don't because 90% of the time there is someone waiting to pay. Many of these clubs don't care about the kids they care anout their bottom line. This is why they put 30 kids on a roster (still baffles me why people pay for this). I wonder if coaches reach out when players leave to find out why. Sometime kids leave because they think the grass is greener or they want to be on a "name brand team. I would bet sometimes they leave because they don't like the way they are coaches or the dynamic if the team. If I owned an organization it would benefit me to have loyalty from my team. If I couldn't achieve that I would want to know why. Some of these organizations are just too self absorbed.

Many good points. Also, your kid must have the drive and desire to put the work in in order to get better. That said, this time of every year parents have leverage over the organization and coach. One very important point; what does the team do in the off-season. I know many organizations offer clinics at an additional price, but as a team is the coach conducting practices, readying the team for the upcoming spring?
Last week, I traveled out east for the turtles tryout; very impressed with leadership, organization of the tryout with many reps and level of competition wasn't bad at all. fl$ is holding their tryouts this week. Another class organization. So if you're looking, well worth considering. Unfortunately we read the same old complaints from the outlaws organization in this age group year after year. Nothing changes if nothing changes...

fl$ may be class act (I don't know from experience) but their 4k price tags is ridiculous. I would put Express, Igloo and the others that charge more than 3k in the same bucket.

Very true. How much are the turtles charging. And what do you get. Didn't go. It was too Far East for us