Originally Posted by Anonymous
This thread is hilarious for the last 2 months it was bash Outlaws, TB, Empire, Fl$ etc... Prior to that it was Express, Igloo, 90+1 and some guy BM. Now we are back to bashing 90+1 and Express does anyone have anything legitimate to talk about on this thread or will it always be a [lacrosse] session by parents about 12yr old boys and there teams. What a shame!!!!!!

Let's discuss which clubs are NOT getting hammered, and explain why? They might have a better business model.

The only clubs that are not being hammered are those that are probably in the lowest tier talent-wise - it's fairly obvious why they don't get hammered, and I don't think any of it has to do with their business model.

Recon does a nice job of engagement with the kids, community service, cost, and transparency.

Recon does do a lot for the community. It was something that attracted us to the tryout. Problem was some of the coaches on the field acting like aholes. My kid is a B player anf was offered a spot on their B team. We deckined because of the way the one coach barked at his son through the entire tryout. Hard enough dealing with daddy coaches. When they treat their own kid that way I can only imagine how he treats the others. The fact that they are hokding supplemental tryouts proves I wasnt the only one that declined their invite!

So which club are you proposing?

I am not proposing any club in particular. I was pointing out that while the concept of Recon is good, the whole thing gets soured by daddy coaches that think their kids are the end all be all and act like jerks. Many of these clubs that still don't have complete rosters are suffering because of the way some of these coaches behave. While the nig clubs have the same problem they fill rosters because they win games and have made a name for their organizations.