Originally Posted by Anonymous
Before you say “it’s going to take a serious injury before the system changes”, keep in mind, I’ve been hearing that since my eldest played youth lax a decade ago. The only thing that gets hurt is the pride of the fathers who think their kid is a dwarf god.

In total agreement, got to laugh about the serious injury argument to changing the age rules. My son has been playing football, lacrosse, and soccer for the past 6-7 yrs, the number of injuries his now 7th grade football team incurs in one or two games is more than the other two sports combined have incurred over all the yrs he's played. Not saying you can't sustain an injury in lax, but nowadays if an opposing player looks at you the wrong way a flag is flown, forget throwing a full body check!! Many parents on sideline have commented on how the sport is becoming more and more non- contact. Changes should be implemented but please drop the injury argument to support your cause.

Not sure how we got from changing rules to "kid is a dwarf god". My guess is the guy just wanted to say something witty and picked any post. You don't need an injury to know it makes more sense to have kids play sports on age. Other sports have strong enough governance to support it. Lacrosse doesn't. Once the kids get to HS then all bets are off. JV or Varsity, the kids have to learn to play with older boys.

Pretty sure all of our kids are in 7th grade. They will be playing with and against older kids from now on. Your argument is officially outdated.

Not sure where you are but my kids play on-grade until HS - separate 7th & 8th grade MS teams. So, "no" until they are actually in HS, that isn't true for everyone. But, please - continue to think you and your world are the center of the universe.

Thank you for recognizing the importance of my existence... and my kid will be playing JV next year. I guess yours won’t.