Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dukes lost to the Bandits 6-5 at Dicks TOC in FL. Express Hedstrom should not be on the same field with them. Hedstrom is constructed to competitive in the B division. Not to compete with the top teams.

Exactly the problem with the concept of the Dukes team. Dukes is trying entice the kids from all the AA teams to come on board. There is no incentive for these kids to leave their great LI team to travel, practice once a month and play for a team their club team could probably beat. Dukes says it is an adjunct to the regular local club teams, but most of the Dukes tournaments overlap with the Club team tournaments so that makes no sense. This whole team is a $ grab. Maybe good for kids in remote places that don't have access to competitive club teams, but it makes no sense for the players AA Long Island players they are looking for. Please take the Dukes show back to Phillie.

I play on a AA LI team and play for the Duke's Nationals. In my mind everything is a money grab if you make poor decisions. All I care about is getting my son the best training that will make him better. I care as much about my teams coaches as they care about my son. "If he stops producing they will drop him and move on, quickly!" So far the cost/benefit of the Duke's Nationals makes sense because my son is getting something that my regular club team cannot provide. Yes we win youth games but who truly cares about getting another t-shirt every week. As long as my son gets the training he needs to achieve his college lacrosse goals then I'm in.

"I play on a AA LI team" ? Where are you on the depth chart?