Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Look, I'm not arguing with your statements, but club is certainly pay to play. Example: my son makes team, I get bill for 2k. I pay said bill. Son goes to every practice and busts his butt, he is not as good as middie A. He doesn't get same playing time. I complain to coach. What are the chances he refunds my money because my son is not playing enough? Or is he going to pro rate for playing time? Or should I expect him to be moved to B team? It's 100% pay to play gents.

You have unrealistic expectations - unless said coach promised you that play is equal you are NOT getting shortchanged in that you pay the same as other families. Any prorated idea is an unsustainable from a business revenue model. Feel free to find a team/coach that lives up to your expectations, but it sounds like the only place you can go then is down.

Just remember that you are paying to get team gear, coaching, training and practice time in addition to the prospect of playing time in tournaments. That should be enough, but the wack jobs who think their last kid on the bench son should play in crunch time will not be satisfied. This is a STRONG reason why coaches and the top level organizations need to keep the roster rather short. Save the team the headache and awkward sideline and send the marginal kid to the B team if after a conversation, the parents don't fully acknowledge that they understand that the team will shorten the bench to win and playing time is earned.