Originally Posted by Anonymous
It was a great game!! However it was not the entire Geese Team.
They were missing many of there players!

I watched it. Wasn't much good lax all around.

That could be said for all of the teams really. This a weak age group compared to my older boys. The 2022s and 2023s are stacked with talent. Our 2025's have some good players, but I've yet to see anyone that blew me away. I understand that they are still only in 4th grade; however, I watched my older 2 since they were in 2nd grade and the standout players and teams then are still dominating into middle school. For our boys, there are 3 or 4 good teams, but no truly awesome teams like past years. For instance, both of my older guys' teams played up a year consistently and won tourneys. Blast tried to do that in the fall and it was an unmitigated disaster. I'm surprised none of those boys got seriously hurt. They were in way over their heads and shame on the coaches for putting their egos before the players' safety. Say what you will, but I've witnessed it first hand. It's better that Igloo and Express are improving. At least there will be more competitive games.

Yes, we get it, your kids are great, everyone else is terrible. You are like the granddad who fondly remembers the good old days, but forgets he had to use an outhouse. Do us all a favor, stop watching. The talent may be more dispersed, but these kids have high level skills. By the time it is all done, there will be just as many, if not more 2025 kids leading the way in HS and then playing in college at the top schools as any other year.

Stop watching my son? Why would I do that? And my youngest is not great, but he is good enough for me and plays on a very good team. My older sons were fortunate enough to start very early and secured themselves a spot on top teams as well. That's how it works. There are plenty of kids better than them, but they need to be MUCH better in order to bump them. This concept/strategy is not new. Also, I was making a general observation based on the level of play I've personally seen over the last 5 years. You don't have to agree with it, but it's not going to change the result. I can't really see how you could realistically say that more 2025's will be leading the way than any other year, though. That seems pretty presumptuous, and truthfully, baseless. It could be like the other poster said. Maybe it's spread out across more options. Maybe the focus is moving away from travel and more toward town tournament teams. That would be great. It would take the control out of the hands of the big clubs. I am just calling it like I see it. No dominant clubs. No dominant players that can carry any team to a win. And it was not like that in the last 5 years. Good players all around though. Don't take it personally, friend. I'm not suggesting that your son won't get his scholarship to Duke, just that you may need to put out some of the tuition.

Dude NO ONE gets a full ride for lacrosse in college, so everyone is laying out some of the tuition!

I know. That was my point.