Originally Posted by Anonymous
...less games and more training on proper form... get 5-6 kids together with that really good High School player down the street... kids will love it, while improving dramatically.

You get great swag but they refuse to tell you who the coach is which is the most important thing for a kids development at this age.

You guys are missing the point entirely. This is not about player development. This is a tournament. A single tournament. They won't be spending a lot of time practicing so coaching doesn't really matter. Maybe they put in one man-up play, an offensive play and a defensive call/clear. But that's it. This is a special event for the best players on LI for each graduating class. They will get some cool gear and have a really great time playing some high level lacrosse against the best players from other regions of the country. And they will play on a college campus. That's pretty cool if you ask me. It's an awesome opportunity and I really hope my guy makes it. Every kid on that team is going to feel like a rock start for that weekend and for the year following. You can trash it all you want, it's not going to change how special and exciting this event will be for those fortunate enough to make the team. Is it expensive? Absolutely. But an experience like this, if my guy is lucky enough to make it, will be priceless to me.

I can't argue with anything you wrote above. You're right....kids will get ton of swag, feel like rock stars and kids happiness is all a parent should want.
But I would just be cautious...... take a look at what happened with the Texas results. Looks like they are combining the 23s/24s and didn't announce a 25 team.

Only question is, does it make sense for 4th graders?