Originally Posted by Anonymous
Syag killed commack hands down today!

Commack's days as a dominant team are over. They lost to Bayport, now SYAG and will lose to Sayville in there next PAL game. That Sayville team is good. My sons team played them and I was impressed. The goalie and faceoff kid will win games by themselves.

Stop. The FO kid won't dominate the Commack kid. Plus the ball stays "pinched" in the Sayville boys stick until he can shoot. He's a ball hog and that hurts his team as much as he helps at the X. His daddy coach doesn't help the situation.

True. The Commack kid is very good and most likely wins the FO battle. If that happens, then the game is pretty much over. I didn't realize that the Sayville coach was his dad. He's pretty loud. The Sayville goalie is good, but there's not much else in terms of play makers on the team. I think they benefited from a very weak schedule so far this season. At this age group, it's all about faceoffs and possessions. Are all of these teams playing in the Christian Koehler Tournament this weekend?

Sayville coach is the 2025 Ducks A team coach. He's pretty over the top at PAL games. Can't imagine him at a travel tournament.

Sayville coach is actually a good coach & no my son doesn't not play on either of his teams. He may be a little over the top @ pal games ( I haven't seen him coach pal). But as far as a coach goes he knows what he is doing. I know kids that have been coached by him since 2nd grade & they have gotten progressively better as a result of his coaching.

No, he's not a good coach. He coached our 91 Orange team and it was terrible. We had the best players and still lost to crappy teams. He may be a decent varsity coach, but he can't relate to children. The only reason the team is getting better is because the kids are getting older and a few more of them can catch. Believe me, my sons team played that Sayville team earlier this year in PAL and only lost by 2 goals. And my kids team is absolutely terrible and has only won 1 game.