Originally Posted by Anonymous
blast geese 91.... you guys are all major league dorks. You yell nonsense from the sidelines. Distract the kids, make total fools of yourselves and embarrass your kids. Why don't you just go, . Nobody cares that your yelling "two hands on the stick Tommy". either your kid will do the work himself and get better or he wont. All the bs rolling around in that limited brain of yours will have zero outcome.

Sports are to be played for entertainment and the experience for the participants is enhanced by cheering, so you can shut up and watch in silence if that is all right with you and your kids. Unfortunately for you, I want my gladiators to hear my appreciation and be aware of my displeasure when it is appropriate. If you don't like that, go to the library, the chess tournament or the golf tournament.

. . . Says the guy who doesn't understand the difference between cheering and coaching . . .

Call it what you like. I will not be silenced by you. Go back to the club and whisper you loser.

Another example of failed education . . . the person who can't differentiate the actual meanings of words. "Cheering" and "coaching" have nothing to do with the volume in which they are delivered, so your "whisper" comment is irrelevant to the entire point! And, just so you know now, down the road, you are the parent the coach hates, and might actually adversely impact your kids opportunities because you want to do what you want to do. But, hey - keep on coaching from the sideline! Don't pretend we didn't tell you so! FTR, I am not about keeping people from doing what they want - we should invite more people to make asses of themselves so that we all clearly know who they are instead of having to speculate and guess!

You don't get to decide which is which between cheering and coaching Mr. "don't pretend we didn't tell you so" as if you speak for everyone. You don't. You must be great to sit next to at the games, quietly evaluating the players for what they do and the parents for what they say and how loud each one is. Mind your own business Mr. Sideline Cop! Pay attention to your own kid (who is probably terrible) and follow your own expert advice "grab an ice coffee, shut up and watch the game". I'll coach, yell and cheer all I want. And if you don't like it, that's just too bad.

If you don't know the difference between what is "coaching" versus "cheering", this forum isn't going to fix that! And, it's obvious to anyone in your presence where you net out on on the whole "let people make asses of themselves", and again I invite you to continue AND to make my point for me. It's pretty hard to ignore and not hear the loud mouths - again, you're the guy the club/HS (and college , should your son be good enough to consider that level) coach hates. You're the guy that you read about on BOTC that other parents are making fun of.