Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who wants to come out and say they are going to spend $185 for a tryout for a 4th grade team only to make it and shell out another $695 to join? They should charge $1695. Their will always be lax nuts to pay.

Making an elite team in 4th grade is just that. Take a lot pictures!!!!

But your son will get a new helmet, equipment bag, stick and another pair of gloves.....or should I say 'the dopest Warrior & New Balance gear package you can dream up'
I don't know about you guys, but my boy already has 4 sticks, 2 helmets and 3 pairs of gloves. We don't need anymore!

Only 4 sticks? What did the little guy do wrong?

Took 2 away because he only scored 4 goals in his PAL game last week.

Maybe because it would be a really fun experience for your son to play on a team like this to prove what region is the best in the country. Maybe it would be fun to play with some kids they play against a lot. I agree the price is over the top a bit. But I'm sure you would have no problem spending that at Lugers on a Friday night. Or maybe you just know he won't make it so why waste your $

In all honesty, no, my boy is not at the level where he would make the team. But, even if he were, he would still skip this event (my choice). For 4th grade, this is something that is not necessary....7th grade and up, I can see value in doing something like this.

Between his PAL team, his town tournament team and his summer club team, he will have plenty of lacrosse between now and late July. I would like to have some family time that is not on the sideline of a field for a week before football practices and tryouts for next summer start in August. Call me selfish

No but you are right, it's all jealousy that since my boy isn't good enough in 4th grade that he won't be trying out.

Thats ok. But don't crap on the tournament and the $ if you know your son is not trying out because of reasons other than money. its pricey cause they don't want tons of kids that won't make the team to try out. would be unfair to the kids that have a shot at making it to be evaluated properly.