Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are some really good teams on the grade level. I don't know who has played any of the good Maryland, PA or Mass clubs, but there will be good games this summer. There will also be blow outs, thats how it works when the players are still single digit babies. Lots of things are going to happen in the next few years. Players will get faster, slower, fatter, thinner, more skilled and less effective. The landscape of all of these teams will inevitably change before they reach 8th grade; furthermore, if the NCAA votes to ban recruiting before fall of an athlete's junior year (as is expected to be the case), none of this will matter for 7 years. If you think any of these team will look remotely the same in 7 years, you are mistaken. Whatever you think, each of the teams in our age group are beatable. Without exception. Look no further than last tournament. Blast barely beats Express, then loses to Laxachusettes, then Express beats Laxachusettes and gets blown out by Blast. Any given day with these teams. There is no team that will blow everyone out all the time.

On age 4th graders are 10 going on 11, so there really shouldn't be any "single digit babies" in this age group . . .

Really? No they're not. My kid turns 10 in October. Your guy must be a Blast holdback if he's going on 11. Typical.

One of our starting middies is 8 years old and in 3rd grade. He still kicks your kids [lacrosse]. Hows that for a hold back? We take the best. Our lefty attack is maybe 50 lbs. with all his gear on. Our goalie is a girl. The there is the 8 year old middie. Our coaches don't care if you're young, small or a girl. They only care if you can play lacrosse. We have zero hold backs and our oldest kid was born early January 2007. The t-shirts are a little big on those kids but they don't seem to mind. How does your kids t-shirt fit? Oh, thats right ... sorry. Maybe next year.

Missed the correction post? You done bloviating yet? That you know the specifics of that many players ages is creepy - what program are you associated with so I can make sure my kids steer clear of your tents?

We're Blastards dummy. We're making quilts out of the t-shirts so our little ones can snuggle up to the sweet taste of victory. First quilt is almost done. Just needs Geese to show up at Laxfest to go with the shirt the kids got from beating them last year.