Originally Posted by Anonymous
Half rides are almoat impossible, my neighbor was insane in high school, real good grades too. Went to loyola , his father told me they knocked off about 15 grand for him. People go so insane on this site, like there is a future living off this sport. News flash there isn't. Not even close to a living. I see some of the best players in the country making a few hundred a week, working camps or giving lessons. Kids are 10 years old for Gods sake, relax. My sons a good 10 year old player. I could care less if he plays in college. If he plays great, if he dosent also great. Just the fact that colleges are even brought up on a 4th grade site is crazy if you ask me. Just a couple months ago my son and his friends were dressed up in costumes trick or treating. Enjoy your kids man.

Exactly. UNC has a 52 man roster. Some of the best players in North America. All sharing 12.5 total scholarships. Figure 3 of them are getting 1/2 tuition, that leaves 11 scholarships for 49 kids to split. Stud lax players, like the best kid you've ever seen, are getting about $6000. And the school costs $50k.