Originally Posted by Anonymous
Practice is where kids get better, no question about it. However to have your child sitting on the bench throughout a tournament or playing so minimal is crazy. If that's the case, I'd go to a new team. First and foremost your kid should have fun and that's not fun for any kid. I find it mind boggling how many families go through this. I can't imagine going away for a weekend lacrosse tournament, not with just my son, but my wife and 2 other kids. Spending money on hotels for 2 nights, food,gas and other stuff. Not to mention the big tuition these teams charge. A summer weekend of lacrosse, getting up early, going to store bring my item on sign up genie, parking a mile away. Lugging all the crap to the field, setting up tents and chairs, listening to my daughter complain she is hot and port a potty is disgusting, To do all this and on top of that, your son doesn't play, I think its crazy. I'd never do it, I don't care how good those practices are.

^^^THAT!

The person who said that he would rather his kid be the worst on an A team than the best on a B team because of the practices is just saying that in theory. If the person actually lived it, no way would they say that. A kid that doesn't get into games will hate the sport and once that happens its over anyway. Practices without games are useless.

And btw, other than maybe one or two teams at each age group, the best player on many B teams is better than the bottom players on A teams anyway.

That's why this term."2nd A team" is coming up. Because we won't play for a B team, but we'll play for a 2nd A team. Lol. It's okay B team isn't a four letter word.

Don't they realize if your kid never plays a meaningful minute on the A team he is already a B player