Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is wrong with playing top kids to win? If a player doesn't see the field it's because the coach doesn't feel like the player can help them win. Deal with it.

You play to win- end of story -

Development happens @ practice .

In 4th Grade? Way to set a good example, how about in 4th grade you show them sportsmanship, enjoying the game and trying their hardest, never mind the score. I've seen the WIN parents, all of them berating their sons to tears if the team loses and Junior doesn't play up to non playing dad's high expectations.

Don't give me that. We're the top team for a reason. This isn't PAL. We have much higher goals for our kids than most of you. You're looking for playing time, but we have our eyes on the big picture. When is it ok to play to win? 5th grade? 6th grade? I have a newsflash for you, buddy. This may not be a popular statement but it's something that is a reality for all of us; all of our top kids will be recruited by top colleges by the time they reach HS or at least freshman year. So excuse me for wanting more for my kid. If another kid is not playing enough, there are other teams that might be a better fit. So why don't you worry about your kids and we'll worry about ours.