Originally Posted by Anonymous
s it possible to successfully make two A teams from one team.

When a boys team has over 30 kids on it and your kid doesn't play in the meaningful games the bottom 10 kids really are the top players on the B team. They only have 30 kids on the roster to subsidize charging the top players more $. It sounds harsh but it is the reality of the situation. Your kid would be better off getting playing time on the B team but parent egos can't seem to understand that till it is too late.

Makes sense but then the kid might not be challenged enough.
Meaningful discussion here- Would you rather have your kid as the top player on the B team or a bottom player on the A team?

I would rather have my son be the last kid on the A team then the best on the B team. At least he's getting challenged in practice, which is how he will improve.

Fair point. However, don't make the mistake and let your kid ride the bench. Being bottom half of the roster and not playing any minutes when it counts is mind boggling to me. Kids build IQ in practice that's how they get better, by buying into the coaches system, but the stick work and foot work are done away from practice, that is how you improve. Hit the wall and improve foot work will help overcome those challenges. A handfull of touches during progressions and line drills during warm up doesn't challenge anybody.