Originally Posted by Anonymous
I keep seeing this SYAG what does that mean ? Is that a travel team or a Town Team and why so much hating on it ??

Sachem Youth Athletic Group. It's the Sachem schools youth program. People hate on it because it's a huge school district so they can put a really good team together. People get pissed becuse that team beats their son's team. It's a little silly. Always accuse them of putting non-Sachem kids on the team. The reality is that they don't need non-Sachem kids because the pool of kids to choose from is enormous. However, some people are just bad sports and make excuses for their losses.

It probably wouldn't be an issue if the stupid SYAG coach didn't enter under SYAG when he brings in guest players for tournaments. It's fine to fill out your team if you need to because you're short players but don't pretend to be a town team at that point. Just name the team Sly Gag or something but he doesn't want to do that because he can't puff out his chest.

Do they bring in guest players for town or travel tournaments? I know they have an older team made up of a bunch of kids from other towns that play in travel tournaments only. Similar to mixed nuts or dark storm. The only difference is that they are under the SYAG name. But if they are entering travel tournaments with outside players and beating travel clubs with players from all over, then all power to them.

As far as I know, they have never brought in outside players for town tournaments. They simply don't need to.