Originally Posted by Anonymous
Comparing a kid to a garbage can as someone did is bashing.
Calling a kid a mid tier player is not.

For the record I consider my own son mid tier and lucky to be part of a great group of kids that live to compete.

Here is a little lesson for all you 4th grade newcomers. Every kid is mid tier right now.
Yes, some kids may be advanced right now due to any number of factors (more athletic, older brothers played so their skills are stronger, entered club scene with better coaching, etc). But guess what, those kids that are so advanced right now will be caught up to. Guaranteed!!
I'd be willing to bet in any school district, if we look into the crystal ball, there is a good chance that the Varsity captain in 2024/2025 hasn't played any organized lacrosse yet. Also a pretty good chance that the best kid on the field right now will not play lacrosse passed 7th grade. Since many of these kids are talented multi-sport athletes, he may choose to focus to play baseball, run track, swim competitively, etc. Or may be burnt out and decide not to play.

This is 4th grade. These kids are just beginning to learn the game. Encourage it. Grow the game. Stop with the nonsense of what town is better, what club is better, what kid is better. Just watch -- some of the kids that struggle and may not be all that good right now have just as good a shot at playing lacrosse at a high level over the next 5 years+

Now, go ahead and bash me...it will probably be the highlight of your day

I couldn't agree more!! I have two older kids, both playing D1 ,and for the most part, you have no idea who the best kids will be. Just make sure they have fun and keep learning.

Stop labeling 9 year children, its embarrassing.

Someone who gets the message rather than dissecting grammatical errors on an informal lacrosse message board!!