Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Practice is where kids get better, no question about it. However to have your child sitting on the bench throughout a tournament or playing so minimal is crazy. If that's the case, I'd go to a new team. First and foremost your kid should have fun and that's not fun for any kid. I find it mind boggling how many families go through this. I can't imagine going away for a weekend lacrosse tournament, not with just my son, but my wife and 2 other kids. Spending money on hotels for 2 nights, food,gas and other stuff. Not to mention the big tuition these teams charge. A summer weekend of lacrosse, getting up early, going to store bring my item on sign up genie, parking a mile away. Lugging all the crap to the field, setting up tents and chairs, listening to my daughter complain she is hot and port a potty is disgusting, To do all this and on top of that, your son doesn't play, I think its crazy. I'd never do it, I don't care how good those practices are.

^^^THAT!

Yeah, I don't understand it. And selfishly I want to watch my.son play. Sorry, as a parent, I love watching my kid enjoy sports and PLAY.