Originally Posted by Anonymous
Quick question. What is most important to you from a team/organization? Obviously coaching, but would it be ability to play more in games or consistent practices (fall, winter and spring... not just a few spring and summer) with high quality players be the #2 draw to a team/organization?

I'm not trying to boast, but my youngest son is a very good player. I'm tryIng to find the best fit for him. I've spoken to people on many teams and I'd just like some of your insight. It seems like the top 3 practice through game the winter. It also seems like Geese and Express are a little more consistent. Blast wins more though. I'm thinking that coaching and practice schedule for Geese might be best. Maybe someone can confirm? Blast seems to do very little and then pile it on 3-4 times a week. Im not sure my 10 year old would like that too much. Can someone tell me honestly how the playing time is distributed on these teams? Or would Igloo or Ducks be a better option? I'm from south shore in Suffolk, so Igloo is kind of far.

Thanks for the help

How about your kid make these teams before decide. Your acting like he will walk onto any team. Just saying....

Look into True Blue.. Practice on the South Shore (Massapequa Mostly) great kids, great parents and no egotistical parents living through their kids..

Yeah, they claimed they "dominated" last week in a B division.

I'm not a TB parent but my son is friends with a lot of those boys and plays Massapequa lax with them. The poster is right, give True Blue a look. The kids are exceptional, well mannered kids. The parents are all friendly and welcoming.
Maybe there is a little living thru their kid, but it's a necessary evil. You'll come across that no matter where you go.