Originally Posted by Anonymous

Sayville coach is the 2025 Ducks A team coach. He's pretty over the top at PAL games. Can't imagine him at a travel tournament.

Sayville coach is actually a good coach & no my son doesn't not play on either of his teams. He may be a little over the top @ pal games ( I haven't seen him coach pal). But as far as a coach goes he knows what he is doing. I know kids that have been coached by him since 2nd grade & they have gotten progressively better as a result of his coaching.

That guy BJ (fitting) is one reason why Blast is behind other 91 teams. Spent the whole year with 91 in 2015 fighting with his co-coach NH as they both favored their own kids. Lost to Geese and SYAG due to horrible coaching. Then when the season ended he ran off without even a good bye to the kids. He is a absolutely a gutless, selfish, loudmouth worm. And fittingly his Ducks team's are horrible.

Blast is behind all of the other 91 teams because the other teams have more talented players. It's no mystery. The fact that Blast gets blown out be 2024 C teams and town teams is all the proof you need. This grade level must have a bunch of soccer or hockey players because we're lacking any big time stud lax players (by stud I mean a game changing player). Plenty of decent role players on Blast, but not a single great, or even exceptional, player. Not a single player capable of taking them to the next level. They will always be competitive on the grade level because 91 get's most of the top players, but they will be average amongst 4-5 teams in two years.

Blast has at least 3-4 good to exceptional players that could play up. FO kid and goalie would have no trouble. FO kid is a big boy. GK size doesn't matter, only speed and ability. There are a few more I think that stand out but it is hard to tell all the orange helmets apart. Small attackman was creative but might get smacked around too much by older kids. And a defenseman that looked good, quick and aggressive. Tthey have a few but thats not enough to offset the rest of the team, with some players below average and the rest being average or slightly above. All said, a solid FO and GK will keep a team in the W column with everything else being equal. [/quote]

Agrred, a faceoff kid and goalie will win you a ton of games. That kid is not just good at the X, he's also the best midfielder by a lot. Also, the goalie is very good. Probably the best in the age group (not sure how much longer she'll play with the boys though). Speed is far more important than size at the attack position, so right attack is set. One good pole can neutralize the opposing team's best player, so again, solid there. However, what sets this team apart from the older 91 teams (and dominant Express, Legs, Igloo, etc..) is that they had very strong players at every position. One strong midfielder will not win games long term.

Give them credit where it's due, they are better than most of the 2025s.