Originally Posted by Anonymous
It was a great game!! However it was not the entire Geese Team.
They were missing many of there players!

I watched it. Wasn't much good lax all around.

That could be said for all of the teams really. This a weak age group compared to my older boys. The 2022s and 2023s are stacked with talent. Our 2025's have some good players, but I've yet to see anyone that blew me away. I understand that they are still only in 4th grade; however, I watched my older 2 since they were in 2nd grade and the standout players and teams then are still dominating into middle school. For our boys, there are 3 or 4 good teams, but no truly awesome teams like past years. For instance, both of my older guys' teams played up a year consistently and won tourneys. Blast tried to do that in the fall and it was an unmitigated disaster. I'm surprised none of those boys got seriously hurt. They were in way over their heads and shame on the coaches for putting their egos before the players' safety. Say what you will, but I've witnessed it first hand. It's better that Igloo and Express are improving. At least there will be more competitive games.

Is it that this age group is weak or that talent is spread out to more clubs/teams? You say your older boys played up consistently and won....Is that because all the talent resided with one or two clubs and were able to handle that?

I look at these 4th graders playing (I have one, so it isn't creepy to say that) and see a lot of talented lacrosse players, both on the club scene and in town. I know of some real talented kids that haven't started with true travel lacrosse yet. Town tournament teams are much more popular now than they were 5 years ago.

Is there one dominant team that will run over everyone in the age group and/or compete at a high level against older kids, probably not. But maybe it is because there are so many more options for kids to play that talent is widespread...

This is not meant to be a travel vs town argument....just an opinion