Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son is a 2021 and has been invited to Showcase. Is it worth it at this age? Does anyone have experience with Showcases? Thanks in advance.

Not sure they look at them this young. You'd have to see who is going to be there. To be honest, Any private HSs ? if the money is cheap and its close might be a good idea to get some experience at one when there is no pressure. Fight, don't fight, Noodle , don't noodle

I just heard a story from someone else about 7th graders being invited to recruiting events. The one I just heard about is in FL in January. Is this really happening? Just sick.
Thanks for the advice, not really close and not that cheap. Personally I think he is too young. Thanks again.

Figure it out everyone! With all the newer programs with talent, the more well known programs have to do something to control the growing industry. What would you do as a business owner? Answer: Form an alliance with organizations you can kind of trust yet still maintain your reputation. Then each business can control their own sector of the industry.

That alliance is the so called federation that is running this FL tourney. Complete money grab and boys club - especially if your son is not on one of the six teams in the federation. Read further into the federation website and learn what this showcase is about.

They are picking the top 88 players for the age division.
There are 6 teams within the federation.
That leaves 14 players selected from each team with a little wiggle room.

Each of the federation teams will then pick their first line (10), their second middie line (3), and additional LSM (1) or fogo (1). If you think otherwise, wake up.

So if you're going to spend the money to go there, just know beforehand your son won't get chosen. Get comfort that you won't be as disappointed as the family that is already part of a federation team but doesn't make the cut.

Just like the Brine National with two teams who always make the roster, with one or two other team players which satisfy the naysayers.

My son got an invite to this too. Yeah the some coaches within the federation are aware of him but I suspect it's a mailing list for the glue guys, not the divas. The writing is on the wall. Not wasting the money to pad pockets - for a 2021 division the coaches won't even look at.

It's all money and politics from this point forward. We have a AA player, has been for years. We have an A+ student that's going to public school. Unfortunately, we don't have the money to continue paying for this carnival. We know nobody and therefore can't play the politics card as a last ditch effort.

We're out, but at least we're smart enough to figure it out sooner rather than later. Good luck to all.