Originally Posted by Anonymous
Blaze is good but not great. They are on the same level as express. I'm sure if they played a bunch of times most games would be close and either team may win by a lot once in a while. If express does not have the guest player they may not even be an A team. Igloo's B team beat them a few weeks ago a lot to a little. If express was a true elite team a few missing players should not have made so much of a difference against igloo B who has never beat a top five Long Island team before beating express.

Spoke to a parent they are from Fairfield County, Ct. Team mostly comprised from Darien & New Canan. Good youth programs up there. I think Blaze & Express smoke them the next time they play. It will not be such an unknown.

Eclipse was hands down the best 2021 team at NLF. Not even close. Stacked with big, athletic, and seemingly well coached kids. I watched the Express game. Both teams played hard but Eclipse is flat out better. Express was sloppy in spots and made the Eclipse goalie look like an All American. The kid is a great goalie but they made him look even better by not finishing several 1v1 opportunities. Should have been a 2 goal game but Express got beat soundly.

IMO the biggest problem with Blaze vs Igloo is that Igloo has been a cohesive team for 7 years, where Blaze swaps out half the team every year. They have the pieces, but not the team, which this sport is more about the team than most others.