Have a son who plays on the Legacy team which is not very strong but he enjoys the experience. Does not have the ability to play on the higher teams and I am very happy watching him enjoy the game a being part of a team meeting new kids etc. With that being said I had a friend who has a son play on the Eclipse team ( which blew us out) so I stayed to watch the two semi final and final games in MD. The three teams Eclipse, Icon and Crabs are top teams ( Edge team not at their level). The few things I took from this were, What are they feeding the kids in MD, the size of these 12 year old 7th graders was amazing as well as a number of the kids from Conn. I was kidding with my friend and really did get a answer as to the age and grade of a few of them. The Icon team looked like true 7th graders but played like older kids. Was told Eclipse beat them in them first by winning a number of F/O but that was not the case in finals, two good teams and Icon pulled it out in the end on a goal in the last second, very exciting I'm sure for those kids. They were the best lacrosse players, Crabs were just bigger at this point, never saw so many hairy leg 7th graders before on one team, I think my son's team has 1 or maybe 2. One of the best things I heard before the final game was the coaching from Icon telling the kids that they don't care if they win the game but to play hard as they thought they did not first time they play the Conn team
get better and enjoy the game. They moved the ball better than every team there and it was fun to watch, got home just in time to watch the Giants blew it. Congrats to both the Icon team and Eclipse team, no dirty play during the game, no bad mouthing in the stands and refs let them play and a great end of the game.