Again, if you choose not to have your kid play, you don't have to. I do think your point if view is valid and sharing is important, but it isn't an absolute. As I stated earlier, our family has grown very close over the years as a unit and alongside many other families because of the amount of time we spend together, traveling and experiencing new places. We have been fortunate to have traveled to many states through our travel sports experiences. We have visited beaches, mountains, parks, museums, landmarks and numerous restaurants along the way. We have done so as a family, along with friends.

My kids have been in travel sports for more than a few years now. We have been with various clubs and coaches. Overall, we have had above avg experiences and cannot complain. My boys have played at different levels as well- at various points B, A, AA and that didn't change our experience either. I suspect the coach, the philosophy and the families made the experience worth doing. It is possible you've had a few bad experiences. It is possible that you prefer hanging at the beach or a golf club. That's okay- but it's not that travel lax is bad for everyone. Many friends not in the travel arena spend over 8-10 grand a summer on cabanas, their boats or sleep away camps. If that is what they prefer, that is fine and maybe for you it is too. My family spends less and experiences out summers enjoying the lax scene at different ages and the money spent is less than what others spend on their summer excursions or boat etc. my kids enjoy it, I don't feel ripped off, my kids are learning and growing. They play other sports and have good grades. I know many kids as such. I also believe there is a place for many of our kids to play in college. Will they all go D1- no. But there are many D-2 and D-3 schools looking for players as well. I know many people say that hardly any kids will go D1, well I can count more than a dozen kids committed to D1 schools just from our experiences within the last year and I suspect there will be many more coming. I do think it is possible, and not a pipe dream, but you have to be realistic about your kids grades, skills and personality. You don't necessarily need club lax to get committed, but it is another avenue to help you get there- whether it be D1-2 or 3. Take it for what it is and if it isn't for you that's okay, but for those that do find it to be a worthwhile experience, enjoy every second because it does go by in a blink of an eye.