By the way. my son os playing MS ball and he loves it. He likes being with his friends. He enjoys helping kids learn how to play. My friend coaches JV, his school had a kid pick up a stick for the first team in 9th grade, by 10 grade he was a varsity starter. For some of these kids , they will in fact be playing for their School at the Varsity level, they will want to win. SO developing this other players is important. We try to keep our youth teams going, not for the 4 or 5 who are great and play travel, but for players 6 through 10 who will be needed to contribute at some point down the road. This is the time for your child to lean to be leader. His skills should not go cold because he spends 10 weeks to 12 weeks playing school ball. As for Travel. cool , awesome. just had one of kids get a scholarship to a very good academic college for lax, he never played travel. I know varsity coaches, they say recruiting runs the gambit, son of their players never speak to them about it and the travel team does it all, while other kids do it totally threw him.