Originally Posted by Anonymous
Many AA teams have a top half of talented kids who play 90% of all close games. The bottom half sit for mostof those games. I must admit that I always thought I wanted my son on one of those teams. Matter of fact he was, but after a few tourneys I saw the reality. My kid is good but he wasn't in the top half. I swallowed my pride and he is
now on a different team that has gotten beaten by his old team soundly. But he is playing, building confidence, making good friends, and the coaches are great. They practice a lot and learn alot. Will they be able to beat his old team? Probably not, but they will sure try. It doesn't matter if they win just as long as they are learning and growing. The right fit is often hard to find for your kid. The right coach and similar talent is important. He's also played on teams where he was the best kid and that also wasn't a great experience as they weren't competitjve.
There are plenty of teams for everyone and not everyone should play on a AA team just so roster spots can be filled
And by the way, for those parents on the express team whose kids are sitting, is it really worth it? I know its a great feeling to win championships, but if u are like me u are there to see your own kid play not just the other kids. And if your kid isn't playing and he's practicing and not missing then u need to reevaluate as he won't be happy for long.

Well said, I have a very similar story. My son did well on the A team he was on. Although it is fall ball I can see he is thriving on this B team. I struggled in the beginning, thinking he would not get the training. Fortunately I was wrong. He is truly happy and that is all I can ask for.