Originally Posted by Anonymous
I guess I'm missing the issue here. WSYL is finally an age based tournament, with an age cut-off and we're still complaining about teams bringing 'older' kids ?

It's no longer an issue of older kids as it is that the rules were changed. Bottom line is that the rules are now the rules. It's just a shame to the kids that made the teams and will no longer be able to have the experience because they are being replaced. Good luck to everyone remember it's about the kids not mommy and daddy's ego

How and why would an organization create a tournament that has a different age requirement than US Lacrosse governing body? Are we saying the leadership, who are very aware of the 9/1 us lax date don't agree with that cut off or that date wasn't convenient for their players? The utter disregard for US Lacrosse guidlines, in addition to them instituting age based player rules will be the demise of this tournament.

Because in metro areas all over the country (relatively) affluent parents are starting their boys in kindergarten late to gain them an academic, social and/or athletic advantage. (Mostly a private school thing, as there are regulations for public school, but in my community, ironically or logically, however you look at it, the parents who were big-time DI athletes have done more commonly.) You think they are all of a sudden going to give up that advantage for their kids and let them play on-age with kids the grade above just because of U.S Lacrosse regulations?