Originally Posted by Anonymous

You were correct until you mentioned they shouldn't be playing travel ball at this time due to school ball season.So what your saying is it's time to regress with Middle School ball ? So the kids who trained all year long with their travel organization should take this time now to rest and focus on strictly town , play at the level of kids who do not participate in travel and picked up their stick a month ago to tune up for town.. Just Way to many clueless people still stuck with town ball "rules" that have vanished years ago, no less middle school ball. Or just maybe your one of those guys who are all about town travel and wish some kids who play elsewhere would come play for your town to make the team better as the coach is not offering the high intensity training that others are getting.
Come back in 4 years and see who's left on Varsity as far as who plays travel and who doesn't. The game has evolved and travel offers way more then political town ball, and as this age group is the largest Boom of high end lacrosse players you will be seeing drastic changes like it or not at all town school varsity programs , there will be no choice left for town to up their programs if the varsity coaches want to keep their jobs..

I have no idea what 91 did or didn't do. This I do know. Winning this event says you have the best youth team in the Country and translates into dollars. Organizations want to win this event. Right now these kids shouldn't even be playing travel ball since its the School season anyway. Consider it bonus lacrosse.
very disappointing how 91 has handled this and the unity of that team...kids were competing during Fall/Winter getting ready to move outside for the Spring to compete even more for spots on the rotation, and tourneys, etc...then this comes a long...picks a team a few wks right before the tourney and jams a few practices in with 4 crushers...in a tourney that really means nothing...some kids not picked, opt out, others go because they feel like they have to, others hardly play during games or practice, even ones playing more are effected as there is no continuity/flow in the team and their play...complete disaster and hearing crazy tension there...coaches arguing, defenders running midfield, middies running attack...am sure they will work hard between now and Denver and may even win it but it makes you wonder was it really worth it?

I would think most competitive travel 7th grade lacrosse players would be playing on the JV for the town they live in. At least I know my son does. Middle school lacrosse would be a complete waste for him.
Because in your mind, just playing lacrosse for fun with his friends is a complete waste. In 8th grade he'll be on Varsity and in 9th grade he'll have a full commitment from the best D1 school out there...