Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

No, you c'mon! If you want to be used and/or ripped off that more than OK with me, but not if it is me or BOTC who are the catalysts.

Larry, I think many, if not most, understand how difficult it is to run this site with all the chest beating and emotional people posting to it. And we appreciate your efforts to clean up the lacrosse world (at least I do).

That said, while some clubs are worse than others, they all engage in ripping off customers. I mean geez, just look at the Express thread. What they do to their b and c teams is really just wrong (unless there is a truly dedicated 'dad' coach). I'm sure every club is guilty of it is some way shape or form. Some have ridiculous 'show cases', other run ridiculous tournaments, others just plain load up lesser teams with anyone with a check book and a heartbeat.

Not accepting their advertising or allowing them to post about their services is one thing, but perhaps BOTC is going too far by suppressing their names. Without open discussion on BOTC the truth of the matter will take much longer to become widely known. BOTC has an opportunity to shine a spotlight on poor behavior and I applaud you and BOTC for doing so.

For those that don't read the site regularly, it becomes difficult to get to the bottom of it all. I am pretty well familiar with the game, community and culture yet I often have trouble weeding through the asterisks to get the meaning.

At the end of the day the decision is yours and we all must live with that. Please don't take this post as 'breaking your chops' but rather as a respectful but different view (with which you can do what you please).

I support what you are trying to do and hope this site grows as a high quality source of information about the game. BOTC has been very helpful to me as I try to navigate the culture/world of lax. Thank you for that.

Thank you for your posts. You raise good points. My counter points are that with close to a million page views a month and hundreds of new posts daily, to have their names here raises their identity in the search engines, AND still gives these scoundrels, money grabbers, and in too many cases abusive coaches and owners against parents and players.

Just look at the Yellow jackets thread. The woman is a [lacrosse] horror and bully. The My Lacrosse folks, specifically Ray,whats his last name, that advertising here bought my silence when they ripped off parents by shutting down a tournament with no refunds.

The whores involved in lacrosse on Long Island appears to outweigh the good guys.

By doing what I am doing and acting as I am acting has reduced BOTC advertising revenue by $50,000+ annually, so I am certainly putting my money where my mouth is. In the end I feel better not being a [lacrosse] and not taking money from whores.