I don't think anyone is complaining about the November 2002 kids especially when held back for academic reasons. US Lacrosse states for all ages:

"It is recommended that when multiple teams exist within a program, the program should consider physical size, skill, and maturity when organizing teams."

This rule is so that older kids that are not as good talent wise, smaller or not as mature could be held back and play as the oldest kid. Kids that are older, bigger or have more talent than most 12 year olds should play up. So the age rules are to help older weaker and smaller players by allowing them to play where they are the oldest. IT IS NOT TO HAVE OLDER TALENTED KIDS THAT CAN COMETETE THE GRADE ABOVE BUT BE THE YOUNGEST PLAY DOWN AND DOMINATE BEING THE OLDEST OR TO FORM DREAM TEAMS THAT HAVE KIDS SO MUCH LARGER THAN THE AVERAGE 12 YEAR OLD. SO YES TEAMS ARE CHEATING WHEN THEY HAVE OLDER KIDS THAT ARE LARGER THAN AVERAGE THAT ARE STARS PLAY EVEN IF THEY FIT IN THIS AGE GROUP. Those kids are meant to play up or grade level. It is disgusting that parents and teams use a rule improperly meant to allow a weaker kid play as the oldest and take a talented kid and make them more dominant by having them play as the oldest. We know which team id guilty of this in 2021. Yes they do cheat even if all the kids are proper age.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Igloo has 5 of them

From what I understand, Igloo jettisoned their grade inappropriate players this round of tryouts. They still have 5 2021 kids born prior to 12/1/02? Is this true or conjecture? The Igloo players my son knows well are age appropriate.
My son was born late Nov. We had put him in an academic Pre school to get him ready as we knew he would be one of the youngest in his class, and the end of the year both the Pre School and his future school recommended we wait a year. Other then economic advantage there no reason to start him. One Guidance counselor told me ' 90% of my problems come from Nov boys". At the time lax was the furthest thing from my mind, my kid did not even start playing till 3rd grade when he learned all his friends where playing. Plenty of boys born in Oct Nov where held back for academic reasons. There i nothing sinister about it. Lacrosse are the only idiots that go by grade not age