Originally Posted by Anonymous
(2020 dad here) I have an honest question and would like whomever originally posted this' opinion - as well as others. My son plays 2020 in a "lax town" he doesn't make 2020 A teams but when he plays 2021 A teams playing up he almost always DOMINATES his man. He is born in November so am I "cheating" if I played him on a 2021 A team where I would know at least a half dozen or so kids on the team would be chronologically older than him despite the fact that they may be a year behind him in school? I have wrestled with this topic for years. Who benefits and who is the victim if I did this?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Igloo has cleaned up their act parting ways with the '20 kids on their team--who by the way had trouble making '20 "A" teams until Daddy called and whined/pleaded with the organization to take his son after he had not made the team. Enjoy the sideline...

Yes, you are "cheating." If he is in the graduating class of 2020, he plays on a 2020 team - regardless of chronological age. If he dominates the 2021 kids when he plays them, he would be the "victim" in your scenario. How does he get better if he isn't challenged?