From my experience, most parents are delusional and drive kids towards something they know nothing about. Who's committed, who isn't....who cares. Why? So a Dad can say my son is committed to XYZ? People, I've been through the mill, as a player and as a Father. Find a great school where your son can succeed, a coach that you trust and will make the game fun for your son and don't worry about the rest.

I made the mistake of focusing on the school name, not the education, the coach , etc. I didn't repeat the same mistake with my oldest son. He's attending a top rate school with a D2 program, he received some academic financial assistance and is part of a program that is very successful and loves the coach and teammates.

People, get some perspective ASAP. A kid in our town committed to a big time program, everyone was really happy for him and he is now miserable. I coached the kid and we still speak frequently. He feels like a piece of meat, an anonymous cog in the wheel. They care that he is eligible to play--period. He wants to transfer. Its a sad story. The kid's dream came true but has turned out to be a nightmare for him.