Originally Posted by Anonymous
All those teams you mention don't have holdbacks. One I know for a fact does not. The others I have no idea. I find it hard to believe you just happen to know the age of kids on other teams. You are grouping the best teams together and assuming they all have holdbacks when they don't.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
It doesn't matter if the kid is big or small. It doesn't matter if there are 1 or 10. It's wrong! Don't you get it. If your team has even 1 holdback. You are not aloud to complain. You're breaking the unofficial rules. It is not ok to cheat a little bit! And once again, every single one of those teams has holdbacks. You need to understand your team is no different from any other and stop complaining!

Agreed. ALL of the don't.

But for another I won't mention, I guess you don't consider pre-k redshirts, holdbacks...as a another poster from the OP and former parent of one of these teams, I agree with the OP. I have seen the puberty levels of two players back in 5th grade and had conversations with the parents as well. It wasn't what they were fed, it wasn't a case of 'early puberty'. The parents learned from the situation of older children in the program. The old 'do it before school begins!'. Very disheartening at the time - and the rest of the team still thinks they're naturals.

And when it comes down to it, I wish I knew back then what I know now because my son has a late birthday. It's still a case of one-upmanship and taking advantage of private school rules. Oh well, that's life. Live and learn.